The admissions process for Eckerd Connects Academy is determined by their admission and placement in an accredited Eckerd Connects program in addition to previous high school transcripts received from their sending school.Eckerd Connects| Academy Student Handbook
Overview of academic requirements
- Students are required to earn a grade of 60% or higher to receive a passing grade and credit in each course but only those courses where a 70% is earned will support the GPA needed for graduation.
- Students who transfer to ECA during high school must repeat (recover) any core course in which a grade less than 60% was earned.
- A student enrolled in ECA who earns an “F” in a core course must repeat the course. The lower grade will be entered on transcript but not used in GPA calculation. The same course must be recovered; in most instances a different course cannot be substituted. Students who enroll in ECA with a D from a previous school are strongly encouraged to repeat the course.
- Graduating seniors must have a minimum GPA of 2.0 unweighted and 21 credits.
The Eckerd Connects | Academy model allows for students within the Eckerd Connects system to use computers onsite. In the rare occasion the student is accessing the program from home, Eckerd Connects | Academy staff review technology requirements at time of enrollment. If no computers are available at home, Eckerd Connects staff will determine the student needs. General coursework requires a reliable internet connection and recently updated browser.
The curriculum platform, Edgenuity, is best supported with a computer with the most recent browser versions. It is recommended to use a computer five years old or newer with at least 1GB of RAM and a 7-inch screen. The computer operating system should be kept up to date with the latest recommended security updates and upgrades. Specific information for the online learning platform can be found in the Edgenuity Courseware Navigation Guide to Technology Use.
Eckerd Connects |Academy
Course Offerings 2023-2024
- English/Language Arts 9
- English/Language Arts 10
- English/Language Arts 11
- English/Language Arts 12
- Algebra I
- Mathematics I
- Mathematics II
- Mathematics III
- Financial Math
- Civics and Government
- United States History
- Earth/Space Science
- Environmental Science
- Physical Science
- World Geography
- Personal Finance
- Strategies for Academic Success
- Introduction to Art
- Art History I
- Intro to Computer Science
- Computer Applications: Office® 2019
- Introduction to Business
- Foundations of Personal Wellness
- Healthy Living
An Eckerd Connects Academy student can transfer up to 75% or 16 credits towards their high school diploma. Accredited transfer credits from previous high school(s) that were earned prior to enrollment in Eckerd Connects | Academy will be accepted. Experiential learning credits are not accepted.
Students are admitted to Eckerd Connects | Academy throughout the school year. Please refer to your program enrollment calendar for specific dates and holidays.