Who can apply to E-Nini-Hassee?

Parents or guardians of troubled girls ages 12-18 may apply directly to our program. Admissions are accepted year-round on a rolling basis.

What problems does E-Nini-Hassee address?

We help girls who are struggling with school; experiencing family conflicts; experimenting with drugs; experiencing depression, low self esteem, ADD/ADHD or oppositional defiant disorder or dealing with other emotional problems and behavioral issues.

What are the qualifications of the staff who work directly with the teens?

We have a master’s level clinical supervisor who supervises our group treatment, in addition to consulting psychiatrists. Each student has a dedicated treatment coordinator, who typically has either a bachelor’s or master’s degree. Our treatment coordinators are the main point of contact for parents while their child is in our program.

Our youth counselors typically have at least bachelor’s degrees, past experience or training working with youth. They also undergo extensive training in field-specific programs. Youth counselors are certified by the American Red Cross in CPR, First Aid, Basic Water Safety and Canoe Safety.

All staff undergo extensive background and criminal checks.

What is different/special about your approach?

The E-Nini-Hassee model is a unique, proven approach that provides true, long-lasting changes in attitudes and behaviors in troubled girls. Our program is non-punitive and teaches girls self-management, how to think differently and how to problem solve by themselves and with groups.

How long will my daughter need to be in treatment?

The length of each child’s stay is based on that child’s individual progress toward achieving treatment goals identified at admission. On average, your daughter may stay about 8-9 months.

What is a typical day in treatment like?

A typical day is activity-rich – combining accredited education with group therapy sessions and therapeutic outdoor activities, along with some quiet time for reflection. There is a structure and schedule for every day, planned in part by the girls themselves.

How do you handle disruptive or negative behavior?

The first step in addressing most disruptive or negative behavior is simple feedback. Often, this feedback is helpful in letting the teen know that what she is doing is inappropriate.

If the behavior continues, positive peer-group counseling goes into effect. The misbehaving youth will hear feedback from her peers and counselors about the behavior, how it is affecting them, and what the likely natural consequences may be if the behavior continues. Positive peer pressure and peer support are also provided. The counselors ensure that feedback and discussion is positively directed to ensure its effectiveness.

How often may I contact my child and how often may I visit?

Parent support and family involvement is an essential component of our program. In addition to parent visitation days, the girls typically go home for weekend visits every five to eight weeks. This time is used to practice new skills that have been learned in our program.

The children also call home regularly. However, because of the nature of our program, some activities may remove the children from close proximity to telephones. Special arrangements are made to accommodate parent requests for visits and phone calls in these situations.

How quickly after entering the residential program does a child start working on her education?

Immediately! Our year-round, on-campus school is nationally accredited with state certified teachers and meets all national and state Department of Education guidelines. Through experiential learning and classroom instruction, students typically receive five to six hours of instruction daily with a focus on math, science, English, social studies and more.

Can my child earn school credits while in your program?

Yes; all earned credits are transferable to the home school.

My child is a senior; do you offer diplomas?

Your daughter can receive her high school diploma upon successful completion of coursework.

What is your medication policy?

We prefer students take the minimum amount of medication therapeutically necessary. Children are evaluated regularly by a psychiatrist for medication monitoring.

How do I apply for admission?

Parents can apply by completing our online application or by contacting our Admissions Department at (888) 726-3883.