There are thousands of children in the foster care system right here in Hillsborough County, Florida. They are in need of loving foster parents who can give them a safe and welcoming home that can provide them with temporary care.
Eckerd Community Alternatives | Hillsborough offers free foster parent training to interested individuals and couples living in Tampa, FL and surrounding communities. If you want to impact the life of a child in care, we encourage you to contact us today.
Steps to foster
- Get started by completing the form below. Or, contact our Tampa office by emailing email@example.com or by calling foll-free at (866) 233-0790.
- Attend a free orientation session that will explain what is needed to become a foster parent and answer your questions.
- Get trained at no cost to you. You’ll learn about children in foster care, the trauma they might have faced, working with biological parents, understanding developmental stages and behaviors, and everything else you need to be successful.
- Become licensed to ensure that you, your family and your home are prepared and safe.
- Begin being a foster parent and providing a child with a second chance!
Interested in becoming a foster parent or have a question not covered in the FAQs? Contact us today!