How flexible will Eckerd be with staff schedules and staff day to day obligations? (will Eckerd allow the same type of flexibility that staff currently have with Saint Francis?)
- Eckerd Connects’ standard office hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. We understand that FPS direct care staff must balance their daily schedule based on the needs of families served; therefore staff members will have flexibility as needed to deliver services, provided they communicate effectively with supervisory staff, attend required meetings, complete duties as assigned, etc.
What is Eckerd’s dress code?
- Eckerd Connects has a professional, casual dress code
Will Eckerd be allowed to hire unlicensed workers instead of licensed workers?
- FPS will utilize both licensed and unlicensed workers. Services will be delivered at different levels of intensity, which are classified as Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 FPS. Tier 1 services will be delivered by licensed staff while Tiers 2 and 3 may be delivered by unlicensed staff.
Will Eckerd attempt to hire Saint Francis staff first before hiring for open positions? (do they foresee hiring on Saint Francis staff, or are the more interested in starting from scratch?)
- Eckerd Connects will evaluate current Family Preservation staff interested in transitioning to our organization and we will prioritize hiring qualified candidates from existing programs prior to seeking external candidates.
What will Ellen Standlee’s role be with Eckerd services in Kansas?
- Ellen Standlee is the Eckerd Connects Operations Director for the State of Kansas. She will oversee FPS in addition to all Eckerd Connects services provided in the state. Each of the three Eckerd Connects service regions will have a dedicated Program Director responsible for administrative oversight of these operations in his/her assigned region. These three staff members will report to Ms. Standlee.
When will Eckerd begin the hiring process?
- We are finalizing our implementation plan; however FPS service delivery will be initiated on July 1st, 2019, therefore Eckerd Connects will begin hiring and training staff prior to July to ensure we are prepared to offer services beginning 7/1/19.
Will Eckerd maintain offices, or will staff be required to work from home?
- Eckerd Connects is currently exploring options for offices in the service regions and we hope to have more firm answers in the near future.
What will Eckerd’s services look like compared to Saint Francis’ Family Preservation services?
- Kansas DCF has changed the service delivery model for FPS. Services will be provided in Tiers based on the needs of each family, with Tier 1 being short term (stabilization); Tier 2 being moderate in length (skills development); and Tier 3 being long term services (support). Tier 1 services will be provided by licensed therapists using the evidence-based Functional Family Therapy—Child Welfare intervention while Tiers 2/3 will be provided by staff teams consisting of a Case Manager and a Family Support Worker.
What will starting pay and benefits be? Ongoing pay structure?
- Please see the Kansas FPS Transition webpage Eckerd Connects has created with information related to our organization located at Eckerd.org/KansasFPSTransition
Will staff be given iPhones? Laptops/MacBooks? Printers/Scanners?
- Eckerd Connects provides laptop computers to direct care staff, including the staff members who will provide FPS in Kansas. The standard laptops Eckerd Connects provides to staff are Dells, and we provide options for Samsung or Apple smartphones. Printers/scanner options will be evaluated after office spaces are determined.
Will staff have company cars available? (If staff have to use a personal vehicle for company business will Eckerd insurance cover any damages to a personal vehicle used for business?
- The option for company cars will be evaluated; however Eckerd Connects provides community-based services in a number of states throughout the country and our direct care staff typically uses their personal vehicles. Kansas state law dictates that a vehicle’s insurance is the primary payer; however Eckerd Connects’ insurance provides secondary coverage.
What happens if a client is injured in my personal vehicle while I am conducting company business?
- Primary coverage in accidents falls to a vehicle’s insurance. Eckerd Connects’ insurance provides secondary coverage though.
It is my understanding that using personal vehicle for company business requires reporting to insurance which will result in an increase in insurance premiums. Will Eckerd reimburse staff for that increase?
- Eckerd Connects requires only the state minimum insurance requirements when personal vehicles are used for company business. Employees are responsible for ensuring their auto carrier provides coverage for the types of driving employees do. Our salary ranges and mileage reimbursement account for any expenses with operating a vehicle for business purposes.
What are Eckerd’s vehicle insurance liability limits? Will Eckerd pay the difference between their requirements and my personal liability limits?
- Eckerd requires only the state minimum limits.
Will staff have office space available in close proximity to their coverage area?
- Eckerd Connects is currently exploring options for offices in the service regions and will provide additional information once we have identified office locations in each region.
Will office supplies (pens, paper, file cabinets, basic essentials) be provided?
- Eckerd Connects provides office supplies reasonably required for business purposes.
What will staff’s coverage areas be?
- Eckerd Connects will hire staff to provide services in the East, West, and Wichita Regions. Please see additional information on the Eckerd Connects FPS Transition page.
Will IT be readily available for IT issues?
- Yes, Eckerd Connects utilizes an outsourced IT department that is available for technical support 24/7.
Who is Eckerd accredited through?
Does Eckerd offer Tuition Reimbursement?
- Eckerd Connects does not offer tuition reimbursement at this time.
Will Eckerd provide name badges and business cards?
- Yes, Eckerd Connects provides name badges and business cards for positions requiring these resources.